Tonight for dinner the menu is:
Baked Potatoes (youngest is on a potato kick-which dovetails nicely with the fact that I got a 15 lb bag of Idaho potatoes on sale a few weeks ago)
Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Caprese Salad (I chunked it all up and used some tangerine olive oil on it)
Youngest turned down making fudge. It really is too bad. I was in the mood to make the easy fudge so commonly made later in the month. Not that we needed the candy. We’ve a ton of unhanded out Halloween candy. Santa may be off-loading it in stockings.
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 12-oz. (340 g) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 7-oz. (198 g) jar Kraft Marshmallow fluff
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine sugar, margarine and milk in heavy saucepan;
- Bring to full rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- Continue boiling 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, stir in chocolate till melted.
- Add marshmallow fluff, & vanilla, beat until blended.
- Pour into well greased 9 x 9 baking pan. Let cool and cut into 1-inch squares.