Not really. A list just because I think of things to blog that have nothing to do with food and then I don’t blog sooo…anyhow.
- It was the “little kids” first day of school. (Sophomore in College, Senior in High School, Sophomore in High School.)
- They used to look like this:
- Time flew.
- My birthday is on Friday. I’ve made a birthday list and I doubt I will get any items on it.
- Jenn’s birthday is Friday. She turns 30. She will be here. I remember being disappointed with my 30th birthday. I hope she won’t be.
- All of the above points to the fact that I will be exactly 14 years older than Jennifer. Obviously I wasn’t a teenage mom. Blended families rock.
- Especially since I became a grandmother at 42, not yet 43 and my INCREDIBLE BEAUTIFUL Johnny Mac Pippin or if you must…A. Samuel will be here for MY 44th birthday.
- Christopher is also flying in JUST for my birthday. Ok, late that night. (and maybe to see his sister, nephew, and other mommy)
- I’ve been swamped in work, which I love (most days.), (Yay. I have a job. It has super fun parts–I get to send emails to people saying “You have WON!” and mean it. It has less fun parts–spreadsheets, templates, etc.) Then my other job has the niftiest new commenting system and moderation. Not only that, I feel greener just for hanging out with that community.
- My Candy Crush playing is currently at a level called “no time, little interest, tough level”
- That doesn’t mean I don’t sit playing it during waiting times and think:
“Candy Crush is like a multiple choice test where I am not getting any of the right answers.”
“Is Candy Crush a metaphor for life?”
“Is Candy Crush a metaphor for handling spam?”
“Is Candy Crush a metaphor for raising children?”
“If I let Candy Crush suggest every move–will I clear this level?”
“How long is it before they start prompting friends to send extra moves?”
“What percentage of my Candy Crush game friends get prompted each day?”
“Is the game making this level easier this round because I haven’t played for two days?”
- I often think about how things are related to other things that aren’t related. I tend to believe that is because all things are related.
- I have taste tested two of the new Starbucks bakery items with their sample days. They weren’t bad.
- Today is dog appreciation day or some such. I forget the exact holiday name. But, I don’t forget to appreciate the dogs every day. Even when I have to clean up after them.
- Despite posting an incriminating picture of them on Facebook and Twitter–that really was toy mess.
- I want to sew more and sew now.
- I miss the south.
- I wish I had a group of female friends to hang out with offline.
- I wish I had made arrangements to go give my kids first day of school hugs
- I need to stop listing things and go back to work because there is a lot to do and I want to get totally ahead so I can enjoy having kids home and grandson home with us.
- Dinner was cooked in the Ninja Cooking System. Again. It was awesome according to my mother.
- I’ve not been eating much.
- I need to come up with some menus to prevent chaos while everyone is here. (Any hints on dealing with meals for a vegetarian, a vegan, gluten free by choice, a meat is ok if you hunt/catch it yourself, a toddler, a preschooler, a meat eater who is eating sparsely and pickily these days, a random group of strays you haven’t really cooked for, a mother whose stomach has been touchy of late, another mother whose tastes other than she hates celery you haven’t pinned down yet, etc, etc?)