We will have this for dinner tonight. Well, we will be making it without the eggplant, because we still have teen girls and eggplant brings disaster with teen girls. That’s certainly not the way to celebrate an anniversary. This is a fussy recipe for me in that it has multiple steps. That said, it is totally worth making and will woo your favorite vegetarian mushroom lover. In fact, it will woo anyone who enjoys mushrooms.
- 1/2 tsp or so of crushed garlic
- herbs, (basil, thyme, etc)
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- balsamic vinegar
- 6 Portobello mushrooms
- 1 eggplant
- 1 zucchini
- 1 red bell pepper
- 8 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 beaten egg
- Parmesan cheese
- 1lb fresh mozzarella
- Combine garlic, herbs, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and salt and pepper to make a marinade. (Your favorite vinaigrette recipe works great)
- Slice vegetables and place them in a ziplock bag.
- Pour the marinade mix over the vegetables and shake. Let stand 5-15 min.
- Grill the vegetables.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the ricotta and beaten egg, a bit of parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven till warm through and serve.