- Stuck on goo in a pot or pan? This one is the one your other mother didn’t know. Clean yucky pans and make them shine again with a mixture of 2 tablespoons cream of tartar dissolved into 1 quart water. Bring the mixture to a boil inside the pot and boil for 10 minutes.
- You can also add liquid fabric softener to a casserole with warm water and soak for an hour to get stuck on goo off of it.
- Cleaners are expensive. Mix 1/2 cup bleach with 8 cups of water in a spray bottle to clean counters and bathroom sinks.
- 1/2 cup cascade powder + a splash of bleach in a large bucket of water will remove blood stains…but it will also seriously bleach any and all colors. If you soak too long you also risk holes in the item.
- Crumbled aluminum foil works as an in a pinch scrub pad
- Create a place where you always keep your keys and ID and train yourself to keep them there. ALWAYS.
- Change the oil on the car every 3000 miles. Look for coupons. Wednesdays give “ladies” 10% off at Jiffy Lube in town. However, keep your own records of when filters/wipers/etc need changing. Do not upgrade to any service that they will try to sell you there…go home and figure out if it is really a worthwhile service and then go back if it is and they have a good deal. You are young, a girl and car repair places know how to push buttons.
- Good wiper blades in Florida are a must. If they stop working well and your windows are clean, replace them.
- Make up your bed every day before noon. It is good luck. Really. Do it.
- Remember you are on your own but we will be a phone call, txt message or email away. You have friends in town, your brother, and we have more people than you can imagine in town who will help you out with anything. They adore us, adore you, and really do remember what it was like to be new to being on their own. So, don’t ever think you are alone baby girl. You aren’t. Besides kid…your moms…anything. anywhere. You know that.
Tips for a Girl with Her Own Home
June 17, 2008 by