Foreplay Funghi started life as an iVillage recipe finder recipe called Portobello Napoleons, then both Food Julia and myself fussed with it. In other words, this is not a retro recipe at all, unless of course, just under 5 years ago makes it old enough for retro..
Grilled Vegetable Napoleons
1/2 tsp or so of crushed garlic
herbs, (basil, thyme, etc)
salt and pepper
6 Portobello mushrooms
1 red bell pepper
8 oz ricotta cheese
1 beaten egg
1lb fresh mozzarella
- Combine garlic, herbs, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and salt and pepper to make a marinade. (Your favorite vinaigarette recipe works great)
- Slice vegetables and place them in a ziplock bag.
- Pour the marinade mix over the vegetables and shake. Let stand 5-15 min.
- Grill the vegetables.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the ricotta and beaten egg, a bit of parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven till warm through and serve.